I’ve been a bad food blogger.
The holidays came as a rush this year and, while I’ve been cooking, I haven’t been sharing those meals here.
Sorry about that.
To make amends, here’s a list of hopes/plans/wishes/resolutions that I’m looking forward to in 2012:
- Tonight’s prime rib – with a recipe inspired by Michael Ruhlman and AmazingRibs. I have big hopes for this meal, and it will be fun to share it with dear friends.
- Blogging more, worrying less – sometimes I over-think things when I should let the food do the talking.
- Catching up on my reading – Michael Ruhlman’s Charcuterie, Smokin’ with Myron Mixon, The Homesick Texan Cookbook, The Gluten-Free Bible, and the Big Green Egg Cookbook are all on my list.
- Learning to code in WordPress - painful but necessary.
- Spending more time playing and traveling with my dear wife.
- Experimenting with the new Lomo lens on my Panasonic cameras (photo of the Big Green Egg ornament above taken with it).
- Weight Watchers – need to keep on keeping it off. Mom’s caramel corn didn’t help over the holidays, but we are in much better shape than we were last year.